Email as Link Doesn't Work with Outlook
The Send > Email as Link option doesn't work with Outlook.
By default, Outlook treats .lnk (shortcut) files as unsafe and blocks them. There is a way to change this security setting and make Outlook allow .lnk files to be attached.
WARNING: This method requires making changes to the Windows Registry. Editing the Registry can cause problems that will prevent your computer from booting. Proceed at your own risk.
- In the Windows Start menu, click "Run" and type "regedit" and run that program.
- Browse to this key (Note: substitute "XX.X" for your version of Outlook):
- Under that key, add a new string value named "Level1Remove" (without quotes).
- For the value for Level1Remove, enter ".lnk" (without quotes). If there's already a value there, add "; .lnk" to the end of it.
- Close Outlook and reopen it.
Sending links to files in emails from FileCenter should work now.