Use WordPerfect for Scan to Word and Send OCR Text to Word
The Scan to Word and Send OCR Text to Word features will work equally well with WordPerfect (or any other word processor, like OpenOffice). All you need to do is associate "RTF" files with your preferred word processor. Here's how you can do that for WordPerfect (the same steps apply to other word processors too):
- Open any document in WordPerfect (or start a new one)
- Do "File" > "Save As"
- For "File Type", select "Rich Text Format (RTF)"
- Save the file somewhere
- Close the file
Now go to FileCenter or Windows Explorer and browse to the file you just saved, then follow these steps:
- Right-click on the file
- On the pop-up menu, select "Open With" > "Choose Program"
- Select WordPerfect on the list
- Select the option that says "Always use the selected program to open this kind of file"
- Click OK.
Now whenever you use the Scan to Word or Send OCR Text to Word options in FileCenter, the text will go to WordPerfect instead.
A better solution starts right here.
Fill out the form and get on the path to better file organization in 2 minutes.